Nominations are now open for VisitEngland’s Tourism Superstar competition 2020.
VisitEngland’s Tourism Superstar award recognises and celebrates those in the tourism industry who go the extra mile to ensure tourists across England have an amazing and unforgettable visitor experience.
Tourism Superstar nominees are passionate about where they work and the destination they live in and consistently set the bar high for the standard of service in England’s tourism industry.
It’s now your chance to put someone forward from your business to be considered for the Cumbria nomination
To qualify for the Tourism Superstar 2020 competition potential nominees must:
- Work for a tourism business or organisation in England and continue to work for that organisation at the time of English Tourism Week
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about the destination they work in and happy to talk about the destination outside of their work remit
- Go above and beyond the call of duty to make the visitor experience memorable
- Be available and willing to travel to London or be on site at their workplace from 20 January- early February 2020 to be filmed and happy for that film to be posted on The Mirror website for a number of weeks and used on VisitEngland’s social media channels as well as those of Cumbria Tourism and their employer
- Be willing and able to attend an event in London on 23 April 2020 – St George’s Day
- Be available to attend the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2020 ceremony in June 2020 – exact date and venue TBC
- Be aware that they have been nominated and happy to participate in any related PR and media opportunities during or post the announcement of the winner
- Finalists will be required to fill in and sign a waiver form to allow VisitEngland rights to the films created
- Previous winners must leave at least one year before applying again
To put someone forward as the potential Cumbria nomination, please email us providing their name, job role and employer, along with answers to the following questions from VisitEngland:
- Why should this person win Tourism Superstar 2020 and how does your suggested nominee represent Cumbria as a destination? (Max 800 words)
- Brief details of the channels that would be used to support the nominated Superstar to gather votes.
- What activity would the employer undertake to drum up interest and votes?
- What would it mean to the employer to have a member of their team recognised through this national award?
The deadline is 10am on Monday 6 January 2020. Please respond to email@example.com with your suggestion.
Submissions will be considered independently by the Cumbria Tourism Awards judging panel and ONE individual will go forward as the Cumbria nomination.