Access Exchange Conference
This special conference provides delegates with an opportunity to hear from national and local experts in accessible tourism, to network and share what you have to offer in making the area more accessible and to experience for yourself some of the great things that make for a truly accessible destination.
During the event you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from national experts in accessibility and pick up ‘Top Tips’
- Hear about the many exciting accessibility projects that are happening across Cumbria and the Lake District
- Browse and try out a range of products and services that can improve their accessibility further
- Understand how improving your accessibility will improve your bottom line
- Promote and share your business, service, accessibility projects and plans, and learn ways to market your accessibility effectively
- Improve your confidence in welcoming people with access needs
- Develop some next steps to improve accessibility in the area
- Collaborate, create new partnerships and celebrate success
Speakers already confirmed include:
- Ross Calladine, Head of Business Support at VisitEngland and an accessible tourism expert. Ross will talk about the value of the ‘Purple Pound’ and the launch of the new Accessibility Guides.
- John Child, Managing Director of the multi-award-winning Sandcastle Waterpark in Blackpool. John will share his top tips on creating an exemplary, accessible attraction.
- Ed Warner, Founder and Managing Director of Motionspot who create award-winning, beautifully accessible bathrooms.
- Diane Howarth, joint owner and director of Cottage in The Dales: award-winning holiday accommodation providers who specialise in ‘accessible luxury.’
To book your ticket for this one day conference for £35 per person including lunch click here.
To see a video showing last year’s inaugural, hugely successful, Access Exchange Conference in Derbyshire which was covered by the BBC click here