- This event has passed.
Awards Application Workshop
Tuesday 30th January 2018, 1.30pm – 3.30pm
£25 + VAT per person
A practical workshop for anyone who’s new to writing award entries or has never previously been short-listed for a Cumbria Tourism Award. The session will help you prepare a great entry for the 2018 Cumbria Tourism Awards.
We’ll discuss what the judges are looking for, how to make your entry stand out and some of the common pitfalls to avoid. The workshop will also cover the different award criteria, judging process and progression routes.
- About the Cumbria Tourism Awards
- The benefits of entering this, and other, award competitions
- Assessing the criteria – which award is right for you?
- Writing a great entry – hints, tips and what to avoid
- How to create a memorable impression with the judges
- What supporting evidence to provide
Paula Scott – PS Business Matters
Paula has organised the annual Cumbria Tourism Awards for several years and worked with some of the winners to develop their entries for the national VisitEngland Awards.
She is one half of PS Business Matters and works with many diverse clients across Cumbria. PS Business Matters love a good project, they’re marketing hand-holders and they guide clients through the digital and social media maze. They do real work in a practical, fuss-free way.