LDF Green Business Network Meetings 2020
Do you relate to any of the following?
– Want to know more about the ‘green’ business opportunities available in this area
– Want to start being a ‘greener’ business but at a cost that doesn’t stop business
– You have already made green business decisions and are happy to share the pros and cons
– Have ideas you want to share to see if anybody else has already tried
– Have ideas that you want to share because you think they will work
We want to facilitate a discussion and host experts over the course of 5 meetings leading to a one day conference and a
series of workshops . If you are at the start of your environmental journey, or an award winning green business, come and
share your experiences and opportunities. Let me know if you would like to do a short presentation that you feel could help
Meeting 1 – Thursday 13th February
a. Danny Coward – Low Carbon Coordinator for Lake District will outline the benefits of managing your carbon
footprint in business.
b. How to measure your carbon foot print
c. Announcement of the Euro Grant for green business. Businesses will be eligible to apply for carbon reduction
tools for their business
Meeting 2 – Thursday 26th March
1. Green Grants : LDF will have a fund that should be ready to launch. The details and criteria will be explained. Please be aware that to be eligible for this grant, your business will need to show evidence that you have started your assessment of your carbon footprint and/or started some green initiatives to show you are engaged with this project.
2. LDF Zero Carbon Fund: LDF are creating a fund to distribute to projects that actively reduce the carbon foot print and promote green practice in Cumbria. An example of this would be the Ulverston Catchment Project that I mentioned that addressed the problem of flooding by building up riverbanks with flora and fauna while also reducing the carbon footprint too. Another example I shared would be a kitchen garden for a school. We will create simple criteria. These projects have no limitations as long as there is a long term benefit in terms of carbon footprint in Cumbria.
3. Sustainability engagement – ideas how to best engage your team and guests, visitors and customers in sustainability.
Meeting 3 – Thursday 30th April
A platform for businesses to share what has and has not worked in terms of green business practices. Several businesses
have been lined up to present for 5- 10 minutes each. Then the floor will be open to anybody who wants to share.
We will be capturing all the information and feedback from these meetings to feed into the next meetings and conference in
Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, LA9 7 RL
8:30am – 10am