Our business Start-up packs are designed specifically to assist potential new tourism businesses with business planning, decision making and providing evidence to help secure finance. The packs are prepared with research relevant to the planned business type and location. Our packs include:
- Serviced or self-catering accommodation occupancy report for 2019-2022 and 2023 year to date figures.
- Annual stock summary showing number of properties by area for serviced, self catering, caravan and camping and alternative accommodation in each local authority district.
- Information on the volume and value of tourism to the county of Cumbria, and the districts of Allerdale, Barrow, Carlisle, Copeland, Eden, South Lakeland, and the Lake District National Park in 2022 – how many visitors, visitor days, tourism revenue generated and employment supported. Information is provided by visitor type (day, staying), sector (food and drink, recreation, shopping etc) and also by seasonality.
- Latest business performance research for Cumbria (Spring 2023 Tourism Business Survey).
- Visitor numbers to visitor attractions from 2010-2022.
- Latest county-wide Cumbria Visitor Survey for market insights (2022) – with information on where our visitors come from, party size and composition, why they come and what they do when they are here.
- Latest research update paper.
Cumbria Tourism members can get 20% discount on the purchase of any research reports. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount code.