Tourism businesses have made their mark at this year’s ‘Cumbria in Bloom, Pride in Your Community’ Awards, following a special ceremony this afternoon, Thursday 21 September.
Cumbria in Bloom encourages people to celebrate the county’s horticultural delights and Cumbria Tourism has backed three special awards for the county’s tourism businesses to showcase their floral prowess.
Judges from the Cumbria In Bloom committee visited applicants over the summer, and the winners were unveiled today at The Golf Hotel in Silloth. The results of the botanic battle in the tourism categories were unveiled as:
- Cumbria Tourism Chairman’s Trophy (for B&Bs and guesthouses)
- Runner-up: Three Shires Inn, Little Langdale
- Winner: Ann Tyson’s House, Hawkshead
- Jackie Sanderson Trophy (for hotels)
- Runner-up: Lakeside Hotel & Spa
- Winner: Cedar Manor Hotel, Windermere
- Rose Bowl (for visitor attractions, tourist information centres, caravan parks, and self-catering providers)
- Joint Runners-up: Castlerigg Hall Caravan & Camping Park and The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction
- Winner: Holgates Caravan Park, Silverdale
Cumbria Tourism Board Member, Haydn Spedding says, “Cumbria Tourism is proud to support Cumbria in Bloom in its dedicated work, which brings our communities together and enriches our world-class destination for the benefit of residents and visitors alike. Following news of the Lake District’s World Heritage Status, it is fitting that we should celebrate some of those tourism businesses which contribute so much to our renowned cultural landscape. Congratulations to this year’s winners!”