Cumbria Tourism is a partner in the delivery of the Cumbria Growth Catalyst programme; a business support service funded by the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy through the Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership
What’s on offer?
The Cumbria Growth Catalyst programme offers eligible Cumbria based businesses up to 3 hours of FREE business advice and support.
- Small or Medium Sized Enterprises (SME), which usually means no more than 250 full time equivalent employees plus a turnover of no more than £50m
- Based in Cumbria
- Primary focus is business to consumer
- Trading for three or more years (does not apply to retail businesses)
Each business can choose to focus the advice session on a specific topic (see examples below) or to have more general advice. Following completion of a registration form, one of our advisers will arrange an appointment with you, usually at your business premises. The advice session will result in a follow up report and suggestions to help you to develop your business.
Cumbria Tourism’s areas of expertise
- General tourism business advice
- Marketing, including social media and international marketing
- Digital, including website reviews and bookings systems
- Public Relations
- Accommodation quality advice
- Creating an award-winning entry for the Cumbria Tourism Awards
- Business performance monitoring methods (occupancy surveys and benchmarking), customer feedback mechanisms, knowing your markets, existing market information
To apply or to check if your business meets these criteria, please contact Beatrice at email@example.com
Businesses that meet further criteria may be eligible to up to 12 hours of additional intensive support sessions. These businesses must meet all the above eligibility criteria plus have 5 employees, an annual turnover of £250,000 and the aspiration to grow turnover by 50% in the next 3 years.
In addition, Cumbria Tourism will also be providing some FREE workshops over the next 9 months, covering a range of topics to support Cumbrian businesses.
“Through the Cumbria Growth Catalyst scheme we worked with Francine to identify new and expanding markets. As a result of that research we are already seeing new bookings from India. Working with Rob we identified opportunities to enhance our online presence, which we are sure will help increase direct bookings.
Getting an independent perspective on our business from qualified advisors has been very useful and has definitely highlighted opportunities for growth. I have no hesitation in recommending the scheme.”
“Sue Clarke gave us targeted, cost effective strategies for increasing visitor numbers. She also gave invaluable advice on the social media and digital aspects of the business, breaking it all down into manageable action points. We’ve started to implement changes to our social media according to her brief and are seeing much higher engagement with our posts. The local contacts she gave us were also impressive.
Overall the session allowed us to feel empowered rather than intimidated, and it was highly inspiring. We’re grateful for the energy Sue put into it.”