Creating Memorable Itineraries for International Visitors in and around Northern England’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Your business could be a part of Northern England’s world-class bookable tourism offer
We are designing unique, immersive visitor itineraries that will tell the story of Northern England’s significant collection of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. England’s Northern World Heritage Collection is working with local businesses in and around six World Heritage Sites throughout the north over the next five months to develop itineraries that will appeal to international audiences in the United States and Ireland. The finalised itineraries will be packaged for development by and in close association with the inbound travel trade.
Working with you
Cumbria Tourism has been awarded £250,000 from VisitEngland’s Discover England Fund which aims to:
- develop world-class bookable itineraries in Northern England, targeted at international customers from the United States and Ireland, at the right time and through a multitude of channels;
- join-up the product offering across Northern England through a thematic approach for the benefit of the customer.
For World Heritage Sites…
- Business support for World Heritage Sites at a coordinator level, including one-to-one audits of their trade readiness and websites;
- A Best Practice toolkit that will help establish consistency across the northern sites which can be used beyond the term limit of the project and has scope for amplification, i.e. can be used by other World Heritage Sites;
- Collaboration at training level between northern World Heritage Sites and possibly sites throughout the rest of the country, including best practice workshops
- Training workshops for the businesses clustered in and around individual World Heritage Sites on how to work with travel trade, US & Irish markets; how to incorporate their World Heritage Site messaging in their own marketing and the benefits that will accrue
- Building stronger relationships between World Heritage Sites and local businesses.
We will be working with the following UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Northern England: Lake District National Park, Hadrian’s Wall, Durham Castle & Cathedral, Studley Royal Park & Fountains Abbey, Saltaire and Liverpool.