Invitation to quote for the production of a MyCumbria App
Cumbria Tourism is seeking a professional and experienced App Developer to take the MyCumbria card project to the next stage of its journey.
MyCumbria, it is a local discount card designed to give residents and those who work in Cumbria offers and discounts when visiting various attractions, shopping, food, and drink venues throughout the county. The scheme is aimed to encourage some of Cumbria’s 500,000 strong residents to support local businesses, particularly at quieter times.
The MyCumbria scheme has over 2,000 loyal cardholders and its accompanying database, many more subscribers. We see continued growth in the scheme despite the challenges of the pandemic – with businesses buying it for their staff as a thank you for their hard work. With the 10-year anniversary of MyCumbria in May this year we have an ambitious growth target for sales and also getting new providers on board, so we are producing a modern multi-platform app is at the forefront of our plans.
Currently the scheme is manually processed by Cumbria Tourism team and has a lengthy back-office process of printing a physical card. We do not wish to replace a physical card completely, but we do want to reduce the administration process by offering the choice of a virtual card too. Currently, cards can be ordered via our dedicated website https://mycumbriacard.co.uk/ or in person at our offices. The website is WordPress and is manually updated by the team, it has been redeveloped in the past few years, so we are not planning on changing the website at this point.
What do we need/like?
- We are looking for an app that shows offers which can be searched using the following categories: Location – Near Me; Latest Offers; Food & Drink; Shopping; Things to Do and Travel
- We want a map and a list option so people can see offers nearby on a map. When clicking on a business, we would like to have the ability to show directions taking them out of the app onto Google maps or similar.
- We need a virtual card that businesses are able to scan for discounts. With this, if possible, we would like to have an offer tracker so businesses can see how many sales come through the MyCumbria scheme. The scanning would need to work at point of sale for both larger and smaller operators. Advice on viable ways to achieve this would be appreciated (through existing point of sale systems, through the app on mobile phone for smaller operators etc?)
- The ability to purchase the card on the app, not only for themselves but for others as a gift would be a great feature that we would like to have.
- Notifying card users when their card is due to expire and to create urgency to renew.
- The ability to leave reviews on offers taken.
- To have an event section that shows local events, it would need to be pulled directly from our website. If this can be integrated, we are able to supply RSS feeds in the form of a URL in this format: https://www.visitlakedistrict.com/feeds/rss/highlightedproducts/?channel=CU&prodtypes=ATTR&polygon=2281
- The ability to save your favourite offers.
- Show users how much money they have saved on offers when using the virtual card.
- We would like to have some options for advertising on the app, for example if we gain a sponsor for the scheme.
- The ability to easily update the content on the app in-house without relying on developers to make changes.
- We would like the virtual card to always be preloaded onto the app. Some parts of Cumbria can be rather remote, and we sometimes struggle for signal, so it is essential that the virtual card is preloaded and does not require any internet to present to businesses.
Deadline for quote 18th February 2022
Discussions with shortlisted suppliers by zoom 25th February 2022
Supplier appointed 4th March 2022
Project completed and delivered 30th April 2022
With this project being part of our 10-year anniversary celebrations, we need to have the project complete and running in this time frame, please do not apply if you are not able to fulfil this brief in the set timeframe.
Please submit your quotes by the deadline to email@example.com and must contain the following detail:
- A description of how you will meet the specification outlined in this brief (maximum four sides of A4)
- Up to two relevant case studies of similar projects
- A full breakdown of your costs for building the app to include on-boarding to all relevant consumer platforms (both Android and IOS) and any yearly on-costs including any app development update costs
- Confirmation that you can meet the commission timeline
Any submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
Tender Scoring Process
The method for tender scoring can be found in this document.