£35k per annum pro rata
42 hours per week
One Little Bird PR are looking for an Assistant Director to manage their close-knit team, help grow their business and ensure exceptional client support is delivered constantly and consistently.
This is a rare opportunity to enjoy a varied, creative role within a happy close-knit team and play a pivotal role in the future of One Little Bird.
The right candidate will be positive, practical, resourceful, incredibly organised and will want to be with us for the long haul. They will have a proven track record of working in PR at a senior level, managing a team and working with the press on a daily basis as well as an excellent knowledge and understanding of digital content, SEO and social media. They will be forward thinking and will always have an eye on the next big thing.
They will be as comfortable creating PR and digital content strategies, as they are actually delivering them and they will be expected to be hardworking and hands-on with client work. They will need flawless writing skills, exceptional attention to detail and will be really proactive.
Every day will be varied and duties will include, but not be limited to…
- Supporting the Director, seeing the bigger picture, helping to manage the company as a whole and deliver work as instructed by the Director.
- Managing the PR team, ensuring PR and digital content plans are implemented well, providing support, managing HR matters and overseeing client work.
- Creating and implementing effective PR and digital content strategies and annual PR/digital content plans.
- Overseeing monitoring and evaluation and honing team activity to ensure productivity, results and coverage are well maintained.
- Managing new business, meeting with potential clients, getting their service underway.
- Looking after our clients, attending client meetings, being a daily point of contact for our clients, all in line with our key values.
- Identifying PR opportunities and trends and constantly being ahead of the curve.
- Taking a whole view of a client’s offering and being able to advise confidently on issues and ideas that are much broader than PR and digital content.
- Independently managing last minute requests and when necessary, crisis PR.
- Juggling a busy workload calmly and being able to prioritise efficiently.
- Keeping across relevant publications and up to date with current affairs and trends.
- Meticulous record keeping.
- Producing monthly and annual reports.
Remuneration and benefits:
- This is a full time post and One Little Bird are offering a salary of £35,000 per annum.
- They provide a Macbook Air and offer flexible working options for our full team.
- 20 days leave a year plus Bank Holidays and an extra day off on your birthday.
- The offices are lovely and in Cockermouth but you will be out and about a bit and some remote working is possible too.
- One Little Bird offer great team building opportunities as well as the chance to try out the offerings of their clients.
To apply for the position of Assistant Director, please send your CV, a covering email explaining why you would be right for the role and two examples of work you are proud of to Nici Hewitson – firstname.lastname@example.org – by 5pm on Friday 18th May.
One Little Bird are also looking to employ a Senior PR Executive and a Digital Marketing Assistant – follow the links below for more information.