Student Summer Opportunities
Lakeland Arts is one of the most remarkable arts and heritage organisations in the North and has an exceptional portfolio of attractions in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Abbot Hall Art Gallery and Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry are in Kendal. The gallery, which opened in 1962, is a nationally significant art gallery with outstanding collections. It has one of the strongest exhibition programmes outside London and artists exhibited recently include Lucian Freud, Barbara Hepworth, Patrick Caulfield, Graham Sutherland, Lynn Chadwick, JMW Turner, Francis Bacon, Paula Rego, Richard Long, RB Kitaj and LS Lowry.
Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House and our brand-new Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories are both situated in Bowness-on-Windermere. Abbot Hall and Blackwell are Grade I Listed Buildings and Windermere Jetty is one of the first contemporary buildings to be constructed on the shores of Windermere in over 50 years.
Spend time surrounded by great art!
Our Gallery Stewards provide a friendly welcome to our visitors, as well as keeping our visitors and art collection safe. Sometimes the gallery is busy with visitors needing assistance; at other times there may be time to read surrounded by world-class art. £5.25 – £6.50 per hour (depending on your age).
Our busy cafes at Abbot Hall and Blackwell require staff throughout the summer. We serve homecooked food to our visitors – you’ll be involved taking orders, serving food and drinks, and clearing away. Its an opportunity to work in an art gallery or an inspirational historic house. £6.50 per hour for those under 21 year.
What you’ll need
- A friendly and enthusiastic style – you’ll look forward to welcoming our visitors.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexibility to work during the Summer; we often need extra help on busy days.
- An interest in art or history isn’t essential, however it’s a bonus if you can share this interest with our visitors,
What you’ll get
- Experience of working in a popular art gallery and historic house with opportunities to see behind the scenes’
- Great experience for your CV.
- A fun experience!
To apply please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 15 July 2019
Join our Visitor Experience Team
Competitive salary, permanent roles
We’re looking for enthusiastic and friendly people to join our Visitor Experience team. Based at Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House, you’ll be passionate about providing excellent customer service and will be at the heart of our visitor experience.
These important roles will be based primarily in our Tea Room where your excellent service will ensure our customers have a visit to remember. To succeed in these roles you’ll have great customer service skills and be:
- A good host and enjoy being ‘front of house’
- Comfortable with using an electronic till, and handling phone calls
- Happy with food and beverage preparation and service
- Skilled at managing tasks and prioritising
- Great with detail and spotting when things need doing
- Happy working on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Flexible and willing
For more information visit www.lakelandarts.org.uk
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01539 888055