Business Development & Sales Assistant
Full time position, salary dependent on experience, fixed term contract until March 2018
Cumbria Tourism is looking for an enthusiastic individual to play a key support role within the organisation. The successful candidate will provide support within the Business Development and Marketing teams.
The successful applicant will have experience in an office environment, have strong administration skills, be self-motivated and proactive, and will need to have a passion and enthusiasm for tourism in the Lake District and Cumbria.
Closing date for applications: 17 April 2017 noon
Shortlisted applicants will need to be available for interview on 25 April 2017
Seeking Non-Executive Directors of Cumbria Tourism
Following EGM held on 20th October 2016, members agreed that the proposals to merge the Members’ Committee with the Executive Board be taken forward. In parallel to this change, it was also agreed that the number of Directors on the Executive Board be reduced from 18 to 12. Cumbria Tourism is now looking for new volunteers to serve as Non-Executive Directors on its Executive Board. Seven experienced, commercially minded professionals to guide and support the organisation and the tourism industry in Cumbria into a new era.
The appointed Non-Executive Directors will be required to demonstrate achievement, specialist knowledge and expertise in a relevant category of interest and an enthusiasm for improving all aspects of Cumbria’s tourism industry. To maintain and continue Cumbria Tourism’s strong reputation there is an expectation that all Directors will have the following attributes:
- Integrity – high ethical standards
- Sound judgement – willingness to challenge
- Interpersonal skills – listening, persuasiveness, ability to communicate ideas, sensitivity, openness and awareness of non-verbal communication, co-operation and team-working, facilitation skills
- Leadership and self-awareness, ability to gain respect and attention, confidence
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategic awareness – the ability to take the wider, strategic view
- Business acumen, ability to identify new business opportunities, embrace change and innovation
- Ability to assimilate, assess and analyse information, especially financial information
- Political astuteness, diplomatic, able to deal with conflict
- Determination, with the tenacity and drive to succeed
Please find below information on the different positions available, together with the application form for completion. The application deadline is 7th April 2017.