We’re on the lookout for a PR & Communications Apprentice bursting with enthusiasm and creativity to support Cumbria Tourism’s renowned Marketing and Communications team.
In this role you will provide key administrative support for one of the most highly respected destination marketing organisations in the UK. You’ll also have the chance to develop your PR, writing and social media skills, and learn about the communications strategies that help the Lake District, Cumbria stand out as a world-class visitor destination.
As well as earning a wage, the successful candidate will work towards a recognised qualification with a Business Administration Apprenticeship (level 3, equivalent to an A-Level).
- This is a full-time role (37 hours per week), for a 12-18 month post, and is paid at the national apprentice rate. It is based at Cumbria Tourism’s offices in Staveley.
- You will receive 25 days paid holiday per year, plus the statutory Bank Holidays.
- Start date for the role can be negotiated but must be before 24 September 2021 at the latest.
- Cumbria Tourism has partnered with System People to deliver the apprenticeship programme, which will require one day of learning every two weeks.
- A requirement of the apprenticeship is for candidates to have GCSE (or equivalent) grade C / 4 or above in both Maths and English by the end of the apprenticeship. (System People can support with functional skills training in these areas if a candidate does not have these grades already).
To apply for this role, please email a CV along with a covering letter (no more than 500 words) to Cumbria Tourism’s Communications Manager, Heather Sewell on email@example.com. Your letter should include:
- What interests you about this role
- Your career aspirations
- Any relevant experience you may have
- Evidence of your GCSE (or equivalent) grades in Maths and English.
The final closing date for applications is 9am on Tuesday 10 September.
However, if we receive a significant number of early submitted applications from strong applicants, we may interview and fill the position earlier.