Thomson Hayton Winkley
With offices in Kendal, Windermere, Grange and Kirkby Lonsdale, as well as a specialist rural team at J36 Rural Auction Centre, Thomson Hayton Winkley are ideally placed to help a range of tourism businesses in South Lakeland and throughout Cumbria.
We are proud to be a Strategic Partner of Cumbria Tourism. The tourism industry is vital to the Cumbrian economy and we all benefit from thriving local towns and villages. Partnerships such as these help build strong networks who can support each other.
Whether you are buying or selling a hotel, setting up an artisan food business, or just need some help with a legal problem, we will guide you through the process. We pride ourselves on the fact that many of our clients come back to us time and time again knowing that whatever the issue, they can rely on us. Building longstanding relationships is as important to us as it is to our clients.
For those of you who are new to us, you will find our team of lawyers and support staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. Our local knowledge and contacts are invaluable.
We can help you with all aspects of your tourism business, including:
- Buying and selling businesses and property
- Tenancy and lease agreements
- Drafting your business Terms & Conditions
- Employment issues
- Partnership agreements or company formation
- Resolving disputes
- Business succession planning
On a personal level, we also help business owners and their families with wills, powers of attorney and inheritance planning – and you can also benefit from our links to sister companies, offering financial services and estate agency services.
In 2022 we were delighted to win a National Rural Business Award for Best Rural Professional Services Business. Many of our commercial clients are rural businesses themselves and we specialise in helping those businesses – be they farms, diversifications, hospitality, leisure, or retail, as they are such an integral part of the local rural economy.
CUMBRIA TOURISM MEMBER BENEFIT:
Thomson Hayton Winkley us pleased to support Cumbria Tourism members by offering:
- A free legal telephone helpline – If you have a legal query relating to your business and are unsure what to do, call our Kendal office on 01539 721945 and one of our lawyers will do their best to assist you.
- A 10% discount on our legal services – When making an appointment or calling us, please remember to give us your CT membership number.