We know it is often difficult to find information on what grants are available to help support businesses, so we have put together this page where our members can find information on the latest grants in one simple place. See the current available grants below.
- Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
- Barrow Low Carbon GrantsA two-year scheme launched funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Cumbria LEP. It will cover two-thirds of the cost of an organisation’s measures to reduce carbon emissions. The measures must be a capital investment and could include LED lighting, alternative heating systems, photovoltaics or building management systems.
- The Greening Eden Business Scheme is being run by Eden District Council alongside Cumbria Business Environment Network (CBEN). Businesses take an environmental assessment; CBEN then calculates their carbon footprint and offers practical solutions to help reduce emissions. Grants can range from £1,000 to £10,000 to fund capital investments that deliver significant carbon reductions.
- Eco-I North West is a low carbon innovation project supporting micro, small and medium-sized businesses with research and development around sustainability. It is supported through a collaboration of North West Universities, including the University of Cumbria. Student researchers and academics can provide you with research, knowledge and academic expertise to help drive your business forward.
- ‘Help to Grow: Digital’ funded programme. Businesses can receive discounts of up to £5000 when purchasing new CRM & accounting software.
- The Department for International Trade’s Internationalisation Fund is still available for SMEs to apply for match-funded grants between £1,000 and £9,000. If you’re looking to grow your international trade (e.g. through PR, market research, digital marketing, market visits, participation in trade shows or translation advice), then contact Sarah Peak, Export Manager Cumbria on: Sarah.Peak@tradenw.org.