Register your vacancies for the Government’s Kickstart Scheme
The initiative provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment.
This is part of the government’s Plan for Jobs and aims to create hundreds and thousands of new, fully funded jobs across England, Scotland and Wales. The first placements are likely to be available from November.
Funding will cover for each job placement:
- 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
- The associated employer National Insurance contributions
- Employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
Businesses can register individually for the scheme only if they have a minimum of 30 placements available. However, those with a smaller amount of vacancies can register through a representative such as Cumbria Tourism to make the most of this initiative.
If you have relevant employment vacancies and wish to apply for the scheme please complete the short form below and a member of the team will be in touch in due course.
Job placements must be new jobs. They must not:
- Replace existing or planned vacancies
- Cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
Roles must be:
- A minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- Should not require people to undertake extensive training before beginning job placement
All bids should include how you will help participants to develop their skills and experience with:
- Support for long-term work
- Support with CV and interview preparation
- Training to develop their skills, such as team work, organisation and communications as part of the role.
There is £1,500 of funding available for each job placement to set up support and training, as well as helping pay for uniforms and other setup costs.
Further information about the scheme is available at www.gov.uk/kickstart